The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Monday, July 5, 2010

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for checking out our blog and following us! Michele and I both had blogs before this and we are merging them together now that we are married! Michele and I will take times where we write what God has been teaching us or leading us through, or just what God showed us in His Word or a book for that moment.

Today I read the news of Sono Sato Harris passing away. If you do not know who she is, she is the mother of Alex and Brett Harris. They are the founders of "The Rebelution", a organization to spur on teenagers and young people to "Do Hard Things" and not live up to the expectation of the generation that young people should not and can not do great things. Especially in their organization, the center of it all is to do hard things for the Glory of God! I met them through connections with To Every Tribe. Their father was on the board of Directors.

First of all, my heart mourns for them, breaks for them and prays for them as a family. Loosing a wife or mother is never an easy thing. Please, join me in prayer for the comfort of God to be with them and carry them through and that they would stay at the foot of the cross as all times.
As I was reading a song written by Sono's oldest son, Joel, I could hear the hurt of his mother passing but the joy of her passing to Jesus. How do people make it through these hard times without Jesus?

In the book I am now reading, "The good news We Almost forgot" by Kevin DeYoung, I can across a chapter on death and dying. There was a question there: If Christ's death meant the death of death and paid in full the penality for our own sins, why do all Christians still die? His answer was, death is our entrance into eternal life. Something he wrote opened my eyes about the idea of death. We struggle EVERYDAY, ALL DAY with sin. By the power of God we can overcome it since we are a new creature in Christ. What he wrote was: when we do die one day, just think, that struggle, that battle will be gone forever! Sin will not ever be again a struggle or ever a part of our lives!

Please don's think I am promoting dying so to be away from sin. I am promoting to live your life for the Glory of God in ALL things, pray for His strength and wisdom and grace to battle sin, and when He calls you home, know you will be in His presence and the battle with sin is DONE!

Sono Sato Harris finished well last night and the battle with sin is over for her. She is in the presence of perfection with our wonderful Savior! May we all live with the hope of being with our God one day, in His timing, yearning to see His wonderful face, finishing well this race God has given us.

May we all say one day with Paul, "I have fought the fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved His appearing" 2 Timothy 4:7-8

This life is a vapor, may we make the best use of our time and live for His Glory!

Because of the Cross,

Chris
Here is a picture of Sono and you can visit the Rebelution blog here:
http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2010/07/goodbye-mama/

No comments:

Post a Comment