The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Going to Oaxaca

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for keeping up with us and reading what we are able to put on this post. I am sorry that I do not write as much as I should. I need to be more disciplined on this!

I just wanted to let you know about a trip we will be taking from this Monday, 11/8 to 11/19 into southern Mexico. We will be going to the state of Oaxaca, Mexico to a group of people called the C-O-I-C-O-Y-A-N. I write it with the marks between letters for the safety of the people in that area not searching and finding this post about themselves. It helps keep the team we have on the ground there from being confronted about them being a "work" or any other danger.

Michele and I will be helping to lead the school down to this area to help the team on the ground already. We will be having 4 days of Medical and dental clinics. Please pray for the doctors and nurses as well as the students using their skills learned in the dental training. Please pray for safety on the roads as well as unity in our team!

Pray for the salvation of the people in the village we will be going and the surrounding villages. May God be Glorified in this area. He WILL be great among the nations and in this village, God promises that!

Malachi 1:11 "For from the rising of the sun to its setting, my name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the nations, says the LORD of hosts"

We go to the unreached people because they have no understanding of the Gospel and ability to know of our one true God. We Go for God's Glory and for the people. If we have this great hope of salvation, this great gift from God, how can we keep it to ourselves? If we truly are Christians, we can't! We do this for God's Glory and so that the people can find joy in our great God and praise Him and worship Him as they were created to do! Jesus came to serve and make known to the people about the way to the Father and we are called to follow and do the same. God has people in every Nation and we go to be used by Him.

John 10:16 - "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd"

Please keep praying for the work in Mexico and specifically for this trip into Oaxaca to help this team and help the people!

For His Glory!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment