The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All I Have Is Christ

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share a song with you that has grown on me more and more. The words are so true and so humbling, while still giving such a great hope in Christ! The song is called "All I have is Christ" and here are the lyrics:

I once was lost in darkest night
Yet thought I knew the way.
The sin that promised joy and life
Had led me to the grave.
I had no hope that You would own
A rebel to Your will.
And if You had not loved me first
I would refuse You still.

But as I ran my hell-bound race
Indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
And led me to the cross.
And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace.

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me.
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose.
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You.

© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI), by Jordan Kauflin

I hope the video of this song attaches below this so you can hear the song and SING WITH IT! Praise Our God and King and Savior for their work. We once did HATE God and was running from Him and running to Hell, BUT GOD, with His loving grace and mercy, showed us Himself and brought us to the cross! We saw our sins and His holiness and we fell to our knees and wept....and repented and we now live by grace in giving Him Glory in all of our lives!

Ephesians 2:1-10
"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them"

Let us praise God and thank Him for His Great Mercy! Sing this song with me, praise our Savior with me and let us go out and tell all of this great mercy that He has shown us so that they too may know Him and praise Him with us!

For His Glory!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment