The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Thursday, December 15, 2011

1 Week Old- First Bottle Feeding 12.15.11





Today Malachi is 1 week old! While we were visiting this morning they decided to give him his first bottle feeding. He seemed to really like it! They are giving him about 1/3 of an ounce every 3 hours. As he tolerates, they will now be increasing every 6hrs. He seems to be a hungry boy! They decreased his oxygen from 3 to 2L today and he is doing well with that. The nurse told me that they would probably remove his feeding tube this afternoon and that I could go feed him the next time. We plan to go up soon so I can give it a try. They weighed him again last night and he is now 4lbs 4oz! Please keep praying that he will be able to come off the oxygen soon and that he would do well with the feedings and gain weight. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a blessing. I am so excited for you to get to feed him. Enjoy that and we will keep praying. Thanks for all the great updates. How did your appointment go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to feed him yesterday, he wasn't awake enough for feeding him so the nurse did it. That's ok though, maybe today. I am on my way to the doctor now and then we will stop at the hospital. :-)

    ReplyDelete