The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Thursday, December 29, 2011

3 Weeks Old





Malachi is 3 weeks old today! Time is flying but I do feel like I am reliving the same day over and over  in some ways! Malachi weighs roughly 5lbs 3ozs. He still isn't a big cry-er and has been overall just very sleepy. We are still working on transitioning him to breastfeeding. Right now I am working on getting him to breastfeed twice a day an then giving him the bottle after to make sure he is getting enough to eat. Usually we do this around 11am and 5pm. During the day he is on a 3hr feeding schedule and at night I let him go two 4hr stretches. We are still trying to iron out what is best for him with the feeding/eating schedules. I might keep him on the current one which gives him 7 feedings a day or move him back to 3hrs round the clock to get the 8 back in. God is using Malachi to bring me to the end of myself each day. I thought I would be pretty comfortable having a baby but having a preemie is a whole other world. All and all things are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment