The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The number of our days

“O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; 
let me know how fleeting I am!"
-Psalm 39:4

I am just amazed at how more and more I see that this life really is fleeting, or as James 4:14 says:

"What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

As Michele and I looked back on pictures last night, we see more and more that these blessings from God (Malachi & Josiah) are not growing up slow, but growing up fast! I know most of you know this, as you see it in your own lives. It just brings me to the quote by C.T. Studd:

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last."

We have this breath of a life to live out loud for Jesus in all areas of our lives! We can do this in our marriages, our raising our children, obeying our parents, working our jobs, serving the church, and yes, in these things many will want to know why we live this way. People will see we have a different hope then they do... and we will be able to back up the proclamation of faith we have by the works we live out!

Another step beyond that is to reach the nations for the Glory of God. We get to go, you get to hold the rope, we both give God the glory in our dying to self and brining the Gospel to the nations!

Only one life, the still small voice,
Gently pleads for a better choice
Bidding me selfish aims to leave,
And to God's holy will to cleave;
Only one life, 'twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last

No comments:

Post a Comment