The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Friday, May 13, 2016

Heidelberg Catechism Question #1


I just thought as I read through the Heidelberg Catechism and seek to grow, I will put down the question and answer and share some thoughts from me, and from others. Be blessed!


Q. What is your only comfort in life and in death?
A. That I am not my own, but belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.

He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.

Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.




1 Corinthians 6:19-20 -Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Peter 1:18-19 - knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

Romans 8:28- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,for those who are called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 1:13-14 -In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Our only comfort is Jesus, the Gospel and what God has done for us and in us! He is faithful, in all circumstances. We are clean by the precious blood of Jesus and Satan is on a short leash, not to be our god anymore. His grace in loving us and saving us leads us to rejoice in Him, worship Him and serve Him. He will always watch over us, working things for our good and sending hardships to create us into the image of Jesus. All is from His loving hand. The Holy Spirit is a blessing. The Holy Spirit reminds us who we are in Christ, prays for us, gives us power and leads us. With this truth and power, we live for His glory and give all that we have, for all that He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment