The Johnsons

The Johnsons
Chris & Michele, Malachi, Josiah, Levi, & Isaac

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 2 Without Dad

Today started out as an early one. Malachi was up at 6:20am. That is a pretty early time for me but even earlier considering I didn't to bed until midnight and he was up again at 2:30am. It is nice having him go to bed early but that means his long stretch of sleep is from 7-11pm. Just when I was crawling into bed last night he woke up! I am going to try to get to bed earlier tonight so I can catch a few more extra hours.

Around 10:30 my friend Nancy from church came over with her 3 year old daughter and baby son who is just a few days younger than Malachi. We hung out here for a while and then went out to lunch together. It was nice to have some adult time and to get out of this house. We really enjoyed each other's company and I was happy to pass the time a little more quickly than usual.

As I was leaving the house however, I accidentally locked myself out. We do not have a key to the handle lock of our door and somehow it got locked and I didn't realize until I closed it when we were leaving. Chris got in touch with our landlord and she brought a key over to open it later this afternoon. I went over my friend Lisa's apartment over at the ministry until she came. While I was over there I stopped in the office and weighed Malachi for fun. He was 11lbs 5oz! This boy can really gain weight!

The afternoon was a bit rough as Malachi didn't really get a good nap in after 2pm which seems to be an ongoing pattern. He slept for maybe 30 minutes while I tried to get a work out in. I got a little over 40 minutes in until he started screaming. As silly as it sounds it is moments like those that really make me die to self and what I want to do to care for a screaming, fussy child. I do love him so much though. So I kept him up a bit and gave him a bath and then fed him and put him down around 6:30pm. He was pretty much asleep when I put him down and course he woke right up. He's been laying in his bed for 40 min around fighting off sleep. I hope he goes to bed soon so I can too!

Here are some pictures of my little fuss pot from tonight. We miss dad so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment